Wednesday, April 14, 2010

one more reason I don't like NoVa

Specifically, Clarendon.

but before I get into that, I'm curious about writing a blog - can other people write in/for my blog? I like inclusion, perhaps it comes from my current conflict resolution framework i'm working on with my masters, but who knows..

george mason, so yes that brings be back to example entry #1 of thisiswhyimalone.com...

on my way to class today, I was walking from the clarendon metro to campus, and low and behold, I encountered the first attractive (hence, non-nova type guy) I think I have seen to date in my 2 years at mason. He was leaning up against a sweet bike and I was like, yeah i'mma be smooooth. Smooth meaning, I'm going to fiddle with my iphone/itunes and maybe smile/wink/strut. What actually happened, was mid-strut, I walked directly and painfully into a strategically placed "keep clarendon green" trash can. To make it better my phone was then ejected from my grip and landed in said trash can. luckily, my head phones, which were still attached, served to pull my phone out of the trash can...

On the positive side, the attractive gentleman helped me retrieve my phone, but out of shear horror, I said a quick thanks/nervous laughter and retreated to class. defeated by virginia once again. sigh

1 comment:

  1. Steph,

    If you want, I can set up a Word Press blog for you on my server. WP easily allows several people to post to one blog. That way, it would also really be on the domain thisiswhyimalone.com, too. It's a really simple process.

    Domain registration is less than ten dollars (that doesn't have anything to do with me), and then I host a blog for $5-$10/year. I've been doing this for over ten years now. http://thecounterculture.org if interested.

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete